Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The bottom of the food chain or… it’s a puppy eat kitty world.

September 28, 2010

The goose picked on the puppy and the cat because they were smaller. Lucky who is normally very patient will put the puppy in her place if she gets too close to his bone. Zoe attacks the cat nonstop until the cat swats at her and then she will still bark and bark at the cat. Zoe will chase the chickens because they are smaller. (and I dare say a lot of fun with all those feathers flying about and the squawking!) The cat attacks mice & moles.

It’s a puppy eat kitty world. And some days you feel like you are at the bottom of the food chain.

And in between all of this is the constant picking up of puppy pee, rare puppy poop (she likes to do that outside now) and this afternoon puppy puke, bits of paper, sticks… Honestly, I’ve no idea where she seems to find all the paper to shred but it has saved me from having to run things through a paper shredder.

I am not complaining but I am starting to come face to face with the circle of the food chain. Literally.

Last night Klink let me know that I was missed. He went outside then within a half hour he brought me a present. He actually brought me a full meal if you look at the photo. A balanced diet is very important so along with the “mole steak” he brought me some salad greens. Thank you, Klink!

No comments:

Post a Comment